Friday, August 9, 2019

Anxiety You Are A Thief

Hello anxiety I know you well
Like a thief in the night you crawl in
Whether a door or a window it doesn't matter
You seek out entrance whenever you can

You think your purpose is rational
Good even
You think you spur people on to goodness
Your ways are normal

Let me call you what you are
A THIEF
You don't ask to come in
Creeping or barging is your way

Like a wildfire you spread
You try to devour everything in your path
Leave nothing good really is your way

Your master is a liar
He lies to you
He uses you to destroy
To dismantle
To eradicate

He made you to be irrational
To confuse and confound
To separate peace from it's source

My master is greater
He comes to comfort
To wipe away tears
To bring order

He knows your master
He speaks against him
Against his destruction and wicked ways

My master is love
He is comfort and peace
He wild ever present
And pouring out His gifts

You have bowed to His authority many times
I pray for the day to come
I know the day will come
When you and your master will bow to him forever
Your thieving ways will be defeated
No more will you harm
No more

Original Work By
     Tania Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Love Doesn't Look Like A Fairy-Tale

This picture was originally posted by Rachel Martin over at Finding Joy .       When I first read these words by Rachel Martin over...